Granite is an ideal material for countertops and is the one of the top choices for homeowners remodeling their kitchens. Granite countertops are attractive, durable and easy to maintain. Granite countertops are also one of the highest return on investment when it comes time to sell your home.
Granite is also used in commercial applications such as commercial countertops, restaurant bar tops and table tops as well as signs and thresholds.
Benefits of Granite Countertops
- A natural stone that is readily available
- Sanitary and food safe
- Strong and durable
- Scratch-, heat-, and stain-resistant
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Available in a wide range of colors and textures to match any decor
- A classic choice, not a trend
No matter what your project, Creative In Counters can help you from design to creation to installation with expert, guided advice each step of the way.
Granite Countertop Colors
Granite is a natural stone, it comes in a variety of colors, each with its own unique texture and pattern. See below for granite colors.
Caring for Granite Countertops
Granite is a strong and durable material, even still, regular care is needed to maintain the beauty and longevity of these surfaces. Here are some tips to keep your granite countertops looking their best:
- Clean surfaces with a soft cloth, water is fine, but you may choose an eco-friendly stone cleaner for tougher jobs.
- Avoid cleaning with acidic, abrasive or harsh cleaners such as vinegar, lemon, bleach or ammonia.
- Do not use steel wool or dish soap on your granite countertops.
- While countertops are heat resistant, you should still use pot holders under hot items, as it is possible for them to leave a mark.
- Granite countertops are very strong, but you should still use a cutting board to avoid scratches and prevent knives from becoming dull.
- Avoid dropping heavy or hard items on granite countertops to avoid damage to both the countertop and item.
- You granite countertop may need periodic re-sealing. Our team will help you determine a schedule for professional maintenance.
Visit our showroom in Mt. Airy, MD where you can examine and compare granite colors. You will be able to select the slab we use for your project, personally selecting it from our enormous selection.
Questions or Comments? Simply fill out the form below. We will get back to you shortly.